Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Life

Praise the Lord for my mental health! That's a weird way to start, but there have been a couple of things lately that have really gotten me thinking. What makes a person so paranoid that they beat their roommate senseless with a hot iron? What can cause a person to have so little hope in the world that they jump off a second tier stadium seat to their death, thinking that it is the only option they have? I know I'm a little nuts, but neither of these things have ever crossed my mind. How many times a day do I walk past someone who is internally dealing with the same kind of issues as these? Sometimes I think that I'm so absorbed in my own little bubble that I miss the many opportunities God gives me to just take a minute to smile at someone I pass or take a minute to help a stranger in need. Who knows, maybe I could brighten their day just a little. How many times does God just want to whack me over the head and say, hey! pay attention here, I'm trying to show you something? He must get so frustrated with me. Yet He never gives up on me. We have one amazing God!

2 comments:

Jules said...

I totally hear ya!

PS. I miss you!!! It seems like I haven't seen you all summer!

PS. Who says you have your mental health??? :)

Megan said...

Kendra, you make me happy.