Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Firsts

Kenneth had a lot of firsts lately. This is his first gardening experience.
First time on a tractor.
First swim in the pool.
First Tigers game on Father's Day.
Kenneth has also had his first night away from Mommy last Wednesday night when I had to go have my appendix removed. Not the way I anticipated that first happening, but God is good, and kept me from the worst. They caught it before it ruptured and sent me home the next day. I was back to work yesterday for a part day, and am learning how to adjust to not being able to meet all of Kenneth's needs since I can't lift over 5 pounds for three weeks. I think it's harder on me than it is on him.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

OH MY GOODNESS GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad to hear that you are okay and recovering well!

Kayla said...

WOW! I didn't know about that. I am so glad you are recovering well. The same thing happened to me when I had to have emergency gull bladder surgury. It was AWFUL on me being away from Jayden and not being able to help him with everything. Josh actually put his toddler bed up so he could crawl in and out of bed since I couldn't lift him (that's after we spent a week at my mom's). But JD was quite a bit older than Kenneth is so I'm sure it is just killing you. Especially when you feel fine enough to lift him, but know you still shouldn't!!! Good Luck!

Corbin and Quincy said...

Everyone's first time working in the garden should be in there underware!