Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Father's Day

I was talking to my mom the other day when we realized something. Mom is coming with Megan when she comes to live with us for the summer, and will be staying until Dad comes out for the yearly visit to Ohio. I was excited about them coming, and still am. However, I realized that they will be out here over Father's day. My wonderful father, poor man, will be in Missouri by himself. Four daughters, a son-in-law, and a loving wife, none of which will be there for him on his special day.
When Mom and I talked about this, she felt horrible, because she had been so excited to actually be able to be with her father for a Father's Day, yet realized she couldn't be in two places at one time. Eric even said, "So go home" to me. (Did I tell you I have the best husband?) :) However, since I am traveling that direction the very next weekend for a wedding, on the very weekend that my wonderful Father will be coming this way, I can't go for Father's Day. This stinks.
Why does it always seem that one weekend you will have absolutely nothing going on, yet the next, you have too many things and end up missing some of those things?

1 comment:

Kayla said...

What a bummer about your dad. And an even bigger bummer that you can't go down and surprise him. Just be sure to call and tell him how much you love him.
Just wait, it's even more special when you get to make it a special day for your husband!!!
Kayla