Friday, November 11, 2005

Holidays

It just hit me how quickly the holidays are going to fly by. Eric and I are going to Missouri for Thanksgiving in less than two weeks. I have a lot of work to get done before then! Three weeks after that, I will be returning to Missouri for my sister's graduation. After ten years of college, she's finally done!!! A week later, my parents will be coming out for Christmas. Why is it that in the one time of the year we want to slow down and spend a little extra time with family, that's when we make ourselves so busy that we can't even truly enjoy the time we do have? This Christmas emphasizes that so much more because my family is coming out Christmas Eve. We are spending Christmas day together, and the very next day, Megan leaves for London. One day together. That's all we have. It really makes me realize how good those families have it that live near each other. I don't take a minute I have with a sister or parent for granted.

No comments: